Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Little Late


I sometimes forget what photos I have lurking on my SD card. I finally got around to taking a peek and found this photo, which reminded me that I had not done a report on the annual fund raiser garage sale we had on the May long weekend. (At least not on this blog) This is our carport with $1200.00 worth of 'stuff' for sale. The photo was taken at 7:30 am, just as the first customer was arriving. By day's end, together with donations we raised around $3000.00. We were an inspiration to a group in Kelowna who also raise funds for the Mwanza Orphanage, and they had a sale a few weeks later, raising an additional $1200.00. Two of our 60 orphans are now able to move on to secondary education which gives them a huge advantage in their life's journey.

Now begins the year long task of saving up items and promoting the sale to others so we can have another fund raiser next year.

No comments: