If all pumpkins were cannibals, they would go extinct!
I am not a huge fan of Halloween. There seem to be more negatives than positives regarding the celebration. Here is a list of positives, lest I be labeled as a negative spoilsport.
1. Retail stores and junk food manufacturers rack up huge profits as the packages get smaller each year and the prices go up.
2. Dentists will rack up huge increases in business in the months following the ingestion of sugar during Halloween.
3. Firefighters will be run off their feet, giving them plenty of exercise, putting out minor fires and chasing law breaking igniters of the illegal fireworks.
4. Our dinner will be interrupted many times and will end up being eaten cold and I will not burn my tongue.
5. We will get to see teenagers doing something valuable with their time as opposed to hanging out at the mall.
6. I will eat as much chocolate as I give out, also adding to the bottom line of my dental office.
7. We will be driving over broken pumpkins the following day, breaking the monotony of driving over wind blown leaves every day.
8. We will run up and down the street picking up garbage, keeping the neighbourhood neat and tidy and getting plenty of unexpected exercise the next day.
9. We will see children as young as three dressed up as ghouls, witches, ghosts and zombies, ensuring that they do not grow up thinking that they might become a princess or Robin Hood.
10. I can blog about the unforgettable moments in the days after.
There. Halloween is not all that bad.