Saturday, October 13, 2012

Old Trucks 'n Stuff

 
My photographic eye is attracted to old vehicles and old buildings.

 
We found a few in a beautiful horse pasture near the Hope Airport.

 
My friend, Frank, might like this one. Just needs new paint and that bald front tire replaced. Is that truck winking?

 
A very calm and sunny morning in Paradise Valley, just east of the Hope Slide.

 
Mirrror perfect!

 
Next stop was Manning Park. We hiked up to the old Engineers road built in the 1850's. The Vine Maples there were spectacular.

 
Andrew had his bear spray along but we did not have to use it. I always get nervous hiking in Manning Park. I never have run into a bear (while hiking, that is). Probably because I sing while I hike. Also never see Forest Rangers or other hikers. Could it be .....?
 
 

1 comment:

On This Rock said...

You are correct....your friend Frank loved....loved....loved the pics of the "old stuff!" And your photography certainly did it justice. As for myself, the light on the leaves.....beautiful!