Saturday, November 7, 2009

Signs of Autumn





The last few weeks have been hectic, to say the least. In my work, I have always managed to complete one project before moving on to the next. I am natured that way, as I do not like unfinished business, but I also strive to keep disruption in a customer's home to a minimum. As of a few days ago, I have 10 different jobs in various stages of completion and it is driving me crazy. Very little of this is my fault, however, I suppose I could have said "no" to some of my very long time loyal customers. Each job has a story to it but I will not go into detail. By Wednesday I will have cut that number in half and by the end of the next week I will have completed another two. This has really stressed me out as one of the jobs fell through because I could not come in time, and then the news that my dad was finally being moved to a Car Home was a mixed blessing. My sister and her husband came through and we managed to get some of my dad's things in his room and he is more or less settled in now. I took a bit of time off work yesterday to move furniture and still met the work goal for the day, thanks to Andrew's hard work. Today is catch up time for a lot of undone errands and then in the pm I will do a feature wall that should have been done two months ago. The customer is thrilled that I will finally complete her decorating project in her new Brownstone Manor Townhouse.
The jobs are backing up into January now so there will be no unemployment here for a while yet.

No comments: