Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Biker Babe

I think I understand the appeal of  bikes, but somehow, the yen has evaded me. I think the bottom line for me is not being able to control certain elements of travelling while doing it on a bike. For example, the weather, having room for 'stuff', having a metal shell around me for protection when things go awry, and not being seen very well by others on the road. 
Obviously, my sister has overcome these negatives. She recently purchased a new Yamaha Silverado and dropped in on us on the way to a camping rendezvous with some of her family. She has always been adventurous so this is a fit. She loves it and has parked her normal mode of transportation, an SUV, in favour of this two wheeled beauty. She so loves riding it that she may even come and see us more often. Bonus.   

No comments: