Monday, May 30, 2011

Shopping and Stuff


It is rare that busylizzy and I have a coincidental day off work. So much so, that we do not know how to handle it. Sad, but true. So, we agreed to head to the US of A on Saturday to help stimulate their economy. With passports in hand, we headed for the border and were surprised at the short line-up. The border guards are always very nosey and have to know what we are going to do while we are in their impoverished country. I blurted it out. "Fabric shopping". With a look of great empathy, he handed back the documents and stated that I was not too happy about it. I did not know my face read like a book. I can only assume he has at one time endured the same fate. 

It was warm and peaceful in the car, as I dug out my book and quite enjoyed the uninterrupted time to read. I am on the fourth installment of Conn Iggulden's epic story of the Khan Dynasty. After the fabric was chosen and purchased, we had a very late lunch at Applebee's. We had some issues with the food and wondered why we went there. Maybe because it was right behind our parking spot. Driving in Bellingham on a Saturday is not fun. 

Then we hit a bunch of stores, searching out, of all things, chair pillows. Six places later, no pillows, but we had dropped some money at Costco and Home Depot. Consumer spending may be down in the USA, but not in Bellingham. The stores, including Bellis Fair Shopping Center, were wall to wall people. But a quick check of the license plates in the parking lots told the truth of it. We were not the only Canadians helping out the American Economy.  

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Applebees is nasty. There are so many better choices!