Tuesday, June 14, 2016

The World in Two Hours


One of my earliest and best customers recently moved from her farm into town. She bought this older but newly renovated home in a very nice area of town. The dining room needed something and she found the perfect solution. She is a world traveller so what would be better than a world map wall mural.


After searching many websites, she found this replica of an old world map, illustrated with Latin titles and names, and by the look of the details in geography, quite old. It was a wonderful product to work with and went up like a charm.


It is most interesting to see the world through the eyes of the early explorers, who had not even discovered or mapped a good portion of North America, as I noticed when I looked for my own location. It was completely missing as you can see in the photo below.


When I called her in from the garden to say that's I was done, I told her it was great except something was missing. Showing no concern whatsoever, she told me that she knew what I was talking about. On the website from where she had ordered the mural, there was a magnification tool and she knew ahead of time that western Canada was nowhere to be found on this map. It will forever be a conversation piece for her dinner guests.

No comments: