Sunday, December 9, 2007

Cactus Garden

This morning when I saw the return of snow, I yearned to be in a warm place so sought refuge in my photos. This is the Cactus Garden in the Joshua Tree National Park in Southern California. We were there in 'winter' and it was balmy but not hot. I changed the sky in PhotoShop just now to warm it up a bit. Well, OK, a lot! It helped me to remember the serenity and stark beauty of that place, a location you would not want to visit in the furnace-like heat of a July day

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's called the Cholla Garden.

Terry said...

Hi anonymous. The Cholla Cactus is the predominant flora of the area and although the signs read "Cactus Garden", they may have been changed since we were there .... to "Cholla Cactus Garden". See http://www.joshuatreenationalpark.net/cholla.htm for some really great pictures of this amazing area. Either way, it is worth the trip if anyone is ever in the region.