Friday, December 28, 2007

On The Road Again

Slip sliding out of our driveway this morning was the reason we finally left. Waiting at the border was almost reason enough to turn around and go back home. But, knowing that any snide or caustic remark to the border guard would not go down well, we (I) bit my tongue, smiled, and hoped the daggers in my eyes would not reach his.

The I5 Interstate is not my favourite road so we endured until just south of Portland where we turned southwest. Portland traffic was not much different than Vancouver's, but the stops and starts were done with by the time we reached our junction. Rain was the order of the day, and it would not surprise me if we had it until we hit California, although at the moment it is not raining.
We checked into the Comfort Inn in Lincoln City, a comfortable (what else?) and friendly place with great amenities and lots of freebies, including a Belgium Waffle breakfast tomorrow morning. We found an eatery a few blocks walk from our Inn and came away stuffed, but still grabbed some fresh home made Macadamia Nut cookies at the front desk on our way to our room. Our Internet connection works and now I just have to get used to using this new Sony laptop and the touchy feely mouse pad thingy. It is driving me crazy right about now because my fingers are lacking in adequate compacitance to activate it and I cannot get the cursor to move at all at times. Maybe I am dead and do not know it.
Signing off on day one.
PS No photos today as the rain would have shorted out the digital, even had there been enough light.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hi Daddy-o! Good to hear from yous guys :)