Monday, December 17, 2007

Good Old Days

A few of us guys were reminiscing yesterday, about our first cars. My first one was a black 2 door Pontiac hardtop, similar to the one above. It held a lot of kids, drank a lot of gas, and had no brakes to speak of.
My second car relationship was with this charming MGB. Here I am sitting at the wheel, bidding fond farewell because I was on my way to Ocean Falls. I never drove that car again after that day.
My first new car was this '72 Mazda 808, purchased on my return from Ocean Falls and was immediately put to the test with a trip to Cape Breton Island and back. It required a new head gasket in St. Catherines Ont., thankfully on warranty. My niece standing beside the car is now a mother of two children about that age.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right on, Terry!

All my memories of those days are shaped by the wheels I drove! My Mini. my MG, my Fiat, and so on. Our cars were often a reflection of our hopes and dreams for what we wanted to be.

Rachel said...

Men remember their cars and all the itty bitty details.
Funny :)

Terry said...

Sure, I guess it is the really important stuff we remember the best. :-)

Rachel said...

I will leave THAT comment alone!