Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Neck

Just a quick up-date on my hip problems which were actually neck problems. I am very happy to report that I am almost completely better. My adjustments (treatments) are few and far between these days and the hip continues to improve. I am able to drive long distances now, something I have not done for a few years now. I am back walking and have even taken to a treadmill daily.
Today I am mailing a number of letters I have written to several of the seven therapists I went to and was treated by in my quest for a solution. They are not nasty letters, but merely to inform the various doctors and practitioners that there are limits to their knowledge, understanding, and capabilities of their particular discipline. It is in their best interest, I went on to say, that they should admit when they do not know and they should be open to new ideas and realise that there are people out there who know more than they do. How many patients are 'barking up the wrong tree', who are given false hope and who are paying money they cannot afford for treatments that are not doing them any good, and in some cases doing more harm? Of the seven, only one admitted, after two treatments, that I should seek other options as he did not know what my root problem was. I suppose it is a conflict for them to send a patient away, knowing they could earn hundreds of dollars by giving them hope and getting them to come back time after time. It is unethical for them to do that. In the long run, being honest is always the best policy and it would give them more credibility, which is good advertising, which results in more patients, which results in more income. Being greedy is always shortsighted.

No comments: