Friday, April 14, 2017

Odds and Ends


Not since the late 80's have I wallpapered an entire room. This one had been papered and when we stripped the old paper there was a lot of damage on the walls so the customer decided to do the whole room.



It was a huge improvement over the old, dingy, tired, and faded paper from the past.  



This was a makeover where the customer wanted to do the minimum of preparation for the new wallpaper. We covered a multitude of sins that day.




Back to a dramatic black wallcovering. This pattern made a very bold statement in this master bedroom.




This was a curved stairwell and the wallpaper was Anaglypta, a paintable wallcovering.


The height at any given step was 9' so I had to drag my mini scaffold up and down, back and forth about 50 times by the time I got to the bottom of the stairs.


The curve was consistent all the way down, a rarity, so I never lost pattern or a tight seam the whole way. I never got to see the finished product. I wonder how she painted this texture down along the carpet where we tucked it deep below the nap.


At least our part was done well and properly. I was thankful that I did not have to paint it too. I always love the variety in my work but some things that I have done lots of, I do not like to do anymore.


No comments: