Sunday, January 1, 2012

Some Favourites From 2011

Here are a few of my favourite photos from 2011. There are few things I enjoy more than getting out for a 'photo shoot'. Sometimes I will deliberately leave many photos on my memory card without looking at them because then I get a double surprise when I finally open them on the computer. Once, when I actually shot the photo, and then again when I open it in 'Photoshop' and try to discover the best qualities in the image. We are created in God's image and there is no doubt that God is the author of beauty, especially as we see it in nature. That part of God's image in me, a desire to create something artistic and lovely, is merely an attempt to reflect God's created beauty in a lasting form. His natural beauty is indeed 'new every morning' and I feel it a privilege to capture that beauty in a moment in time.  


October Frost

Star burst


Low Glow

Maple Delight

Palm Desert

Autumn Rays

Hanging Basket

Flaming Sumac


Forbidden Berries

Morning Glow

Morning Glory

Deep Purple

Sun in a Flower

Upside Down Reflection