Saturday, December 31, 2011

View From The Top


It was a sunny afternoon and the air was very clear. I was on the east end of town so decided to take a little detour and head up to Eagle Mountain.


The view is only as good as the air is pure. I noticed the air quality deteriorating the farther west I pointed my camera.


Mount Baker, as usual, was magnificent.


The late afternoon colours were warming up.


I always get a chuckle out of the fact that Mount Baker is on American soil, yet we Canadians get the best view of it, by far. It is not much to look at from the south, in Washington State.


And with the frosty roofs all lined up and the sun setting on the Sumas Prairie, I bid you adieu, 2011. You have been a good year but I am hoping your little offspring will outshine you.
And to all my readers, Happy New Year.  

No comments: