Friday, December 2, 2011

Glitches

Looking north at the top of my street, there was a row of these beauties. They are now bare.

Yesterday the blogger spell check was not working. You may have noticed. Or not. I cannot believe how dependant I have become on spell check. I never was a great speller, but I have become lazy with all the help I get on the computer.
Spell check was not the only thing that went wrong. Two full days of work was down the drain when we discovered that we were using defective material on the job. It only became evident as time passed. We managed to get it all corrected today and the supplier has informed us that they will be good for the labour and materials that it took to rectify the situation. So far, those are just words. I suspect there will first be an investigation, then an inquiry, then an adjudication, a judgement, and then finally, after the required 90 day waiting period, a check. Maybe. Just in time for my ninetieth birthday. More than likely, I will simply get a credit for more product. That way, it costs them less than half of a cash payout.   

No comments: