Monday, April 23, 2012

Book Vs. Movie


By now, everyone has either seen the movie, read the book, or at least heard of the Hunger Games. I read the book a while back and was anxious to see the movie, so we went to see it a few days ago. If you do not know about this story, Google it. My comments here are only regarding book vs. movie.
The book is well written and has an intriguing premise. When going to see a movie after reading a book, the usual comment is that the movie did not follow the book. In this case it did. So much so that I was so constantly aware of the next move that I caught myself not involving myself in the story. Everything is just as I imagined it to be as I was reading. There are books that are written after a movie has become very popular and I have never read one of those, but this is what it seemed like, but in reverse. It is rare for a movie to not disappoint after a book, but this combo was a winner. If you take in one, you do not have to take in the other. It is same, same. But very good. And to think that there are three sequels in various stages of production. I have decided I will not read the book sequels, but will see the movies as they come out. I am looking forward to it already.  

1 comment:

Gaye said...

Enjoyed the movie. Will not read the books. Apparently, archery classes are the up and coming thing in large cities since the books amd now the movie.