Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Mexico Magic

 
Sunrise, best time of day.

 
Chandelier in the newly refurbished Flamingo buffet restaurant.

 
Gargoyles and pottery at the main entry. The water was not running this night.

 
Main lobby with Christmas tree.

 
Mariachi band on 'Mexico Night'.

 
Some of the entertainers trying to rev up the crowd on Mexico night.


 
There was a 70's theme night where the food was American, you know, pizza, pasta, hamburgers, French fries, and hot dogs. Being off red meat for many years now, I thought I would treat myself to a freshly grilled burger for old times sake. I stuck to the safe condiments, and even avoided the one that looked like ketchup but could have Mexican Red Hot Sauce. Mayo, lettuce and tomato were my choices and my first bite was taken with great relish until I realised that the mayo was not regular mayo, but a mayo-like substance that was laced with cilantro. There are few things that I dislike more than cilantro, so the burger was basically ruined and my one hamburger of the year was a bust.

 
I could not finish the burger so comforted myself with a desert sampler. No cilantro here, only sugar and calories.

 
When you walk the isle at a Mexican beach wedding, this is what it looks like.




No comments: