Friday, March 28, 2008

Vintage Barn


This Kootney barn photo is an old favourite of mine. At the time, the barn was around 80 years old. It doubled as a machine shop for a mine in the area and was full of old machinery as well as the usual barn paraphernalia. I do not know if it still stands today, but if it does, it is now close to 115 years old! The history and character of this structure was evident in every corner and had I been more keen on photography in those days, I would have shot hundreds of photos there. Now that I am older, I see this as a missed opportunity. One of many, I am afraid.

2 comments:

poof said...

You DIDN'T TAKE MORE PHOTOS? What a shame. A goal for your next road trip perhaps?

Photolong said...

hi just visiting enjoyed the photos ...particularly the winter scenes ....