Thursday, March 27, 2008

Woodpecker

This photograph was taken in Yarrow around 30 years ago. It was with my Pentax Spotmatic 35mm state of the art single lens reflex camera. I had never seen one of these woodpeckers up close before and was quite proud that I had 'captured' it. I wonder if he ever did finish off that stump, one wood peck at a time. My days sometimes feel like that. The tasks are overwhelming and will I ever get done? In fact, my life is starting to feel like that. Will I ever get done? Of course, I will, and maybe sooner than I think, but in the meantime there is just so much to do and it is all getting a little repetitious. Like the poor little Woodpecker, it feels, at times, like I am banging my head against a tree.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do I leave a comment?! It won't register!

Anonymous said...

Terry - I think I've cracked it. Thankyou for your blog. Chin up. Spring is just round the corner. Jan Taylor

Terry said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Jan. A few bright sunny days will help for sure.

poof said...

Ah yes, but the woodpecker does this to find bugs to eat.

I could go on...but the analogy shall stop here.