Saturday, May 2, 2009

Meanwhile

All her cousins, friends and family threw a surprise shower for Lis
Guest of honour, but no man to show to anybody.
It was strange to know that my fate was being planned for me and I was not there to have any say in the matter. Life for me in Ocean Falls did not change except that the letters were flying back and forth even faster and more furiously. I would have only a few responsibilities to carry out when I arrived in Vancouver for my wedding day. I felt very detached knowing that there were parties being thrown on our behalf but Lis was the only half that was visible. Many of her friends knew a lot about me from her, but had never met me. I had a lot to live up to because she was apparently bragging about me as young future brides are wont to do. The pressure was on and I was bound and determined to keep from getting cold feet.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I'm sure that it was a difficult time for you, so anxious to be there to participate in the plans and be a part of the excitement. The days seemed longer than usual and the calender slowly turned. I can only imagine.