Sunday, May 3, 2009

Wedding Day Ocober 10, 1970

The day finally arrives but what is this? The groom is late? I wonder if he will even show up or did he get cold feet? Note the look of concern/fear/anger/apprehension. I remember getting caught in traffic and I was late but not late enough to throw off the schedule.
Here we are cutting the cake so we obviously survived the wedding ceremony. We were actually married by two pastors, hers and mine. They are both still living and doing well and when we meet them we remind them that because there were two off them, they were able to tie the knot really tightly. We have not even tried to untie it although we have eyed it a few times.

We had no attendants, not that unusual for those times. Just yesterday I met the man who sold me that suit. He is now 88 years old. There is not a chance I could fit into it today, even if I still had it. I weighed 155 lbs, the result of being a bachelor and having to eat my own cooking. Or not.



Always the best part of a wedding. :) My mom and dad, looking on, seem to be enjoying that kiss just as much as we are. I was talked into getting a haircut just before the ceremony. My hair was shoulder length until hours before this photo was taken. It was the hippie era, you know. I made a deal and was allowed to keep the sideburns.


2 comments:

Susan said...

Awwwww, the two of you made a great looking wedding couple :) I have enjoyed your story tremendously. Thanks for sharing!

Rachel said...

So sweet!