Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Good For The Skin


I have never posted a photo up side down before, but that is what I have done here. This is an almost perfect reflection of a bridge, with the slight swell in the water giving the rail an interesting undulation. Click to make large.  

I have been bothered by a few minor skin conditions lately, probably inherited from my father. The chemical salves work well, but prolonged use is not recommended. For many years, Vit D from sun exposure both in the summer at home, and in winter in Mexico, has cleared it up completely. This year it is with me constantly. The slight rash is eczema, and the hives that flare up are some sort of allergy. Last night I got complete relief from a most unexpected source.
When I was kid, we used to go swimming at Manitou Beach in Saskatchewan. The water had an extremely high mineral content, not the least of which was salt. Any cuts or scrapes would heal within hours of being in contact with the water. No, I was not in Manitou last night, but was in the pool at my in-laws condo hi-rise. It is a salt water pool. We had a great time with our two eldest grandsons and their great-grandparents, but the big bonus came when I lay down at night and did not scratch myself to sleep.  

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Perhaps you'll have to invest in a salt water hot tub!