Saturday, August 13, 2011

Leave of Absence


I am taking a one week break from work, blogging, and just about everything else. Not that I need it, but it was in 'the plan' so I will just go with it. I will leave you with a few photos I took recently. These pretty roses are ground cover that our city uses in most of the parks. They are doing so very well this year and in places the flower beds are covered with them.  


This is Kariton House, a local art gallery in Mill Lake park. Not much to look at but the new colour of the building is rather striking.


A compressed view of the zig-zag board walk over the marshy eastern shore of Mill Lake. Sun rise is just the best light.


That elusive Humming Bird would not get close enough, so this is the best I could do this week. I try almost once a day because they visit regularly and I know I can do better. The plan is to get them used to me hovering around the red blossoms that they like so much.  


The Humming birds like these Sweat Peas too, and just as I was about to photograph one of the birds, he jetted away, but I still like what he left behind.

Maybe one more post on Sunday, but if not, see you in week or so.

No comments: