Sunday, August 14, 2011

This Is Not The Desert


This marvelous display is in our garden here in the Fraser Valley. Where we are going, it is desert and it would take some doing to get this kind of thing going. Living in the desert is a nice change. The weather forecast is for mid to high 20's with next to no wind, about as perfect as it gets. The air is warm and dry there, a very nice combination when there is not oppressive heat. I look forward to time with my family, uninterrupted, and relaxed. I will take some good books with me as there is no Internet or TV there, by choice. I look forward to some good long walks, early morning or evening are the best times. I will see some great sun rises, whereas, the sunsets are all behind the mountain to our west. We will no doubt have some good times with neighbours as our little bay is usually quite busy during July and August. I know I will enjoy the drive on the Hope-Princeton Highway. I always do. We will not have much traffic, either there or back as we will be travelling early Sunday there, and late Saturday back. I will take lots of photos. I will eat too much. I will come back fat and lazy. But then I am already fat and lazy so that's OK.   

No comments: