Thursday, September 22, 2011

Blackberries and Deception


It was and still is a good year for wild blackberries. Just the right amount of rain and sunshine put a lot of sugar into these little guys and they are bursting with flavour. busylizzy makes juice with them and we now have 16 quart jars of concentrate that we mix with Ginger Ale for the most delightful beverage.
My work has been picking up as the annual Fall rush is under way. After considerable time off this summer, I must conclude that getting up early is good for me. Not having coffee with friends in the middle of the day is good for me. The physical exercise of work is good for me. Coming home exhausted after an eight hour day is good for me. Doing estimates and paperwork in the evenings is good for me. Stressing over my schedule and whether I need to adjust it is good for me. Watching a beautiful day from inside is good for me. Collecting 12% HST for the government is good for me. All this lying is good for me.


No comments: