Friday, September 2, 2011

What The?


I cannot believe I went to see this movie! However, when I was invited to tag along, I thought there was a certain appeal based on the fact that I love westerns, I like action/adventure, and I like Daniel Craig (James Bond) and Harrison Ford. There must be something of value here, I thought.

I was lured in by the opening sequence and was duped into thinking that this was going to be one awesome western. Gritty, mysterious, rugged, and two fisted down and dirty is what it was. But it soon got weird, and when Harrison Ford's character came on screen, I was disappointed. But hey, what can you expect with a title like that. The plot thickens and the object of our interest turns to a mysterious bracelet worn by Daniel Craig. We soon get to see some Steven Spielberg monsters from outer space with all the attendant scare tactics. Why do an alien's eating utensils always come out of their chest? And if you came for explosions, you will not be disappointed. Six shooters do not do well against alien technology, but somehow they, together with bows and arrows and a few sticks of dynamite, save the day. And even Harrison Ford and his whiny snot nosed kid come around to our liking at the end of the movie. This movie was in the middle of the pack for me. Seen better, seen worse.   

No comments: