Monday, September 5, 2011

Bonus


What a spectacular evening it was last night. We decided to drive to Mill Lake and then do the stroll. I finally remembered to take my pedometer and discovered that it is what I thought it was in distance, a bit over 3Km. I guessed that because it takes me 30 minutes to walk it and my pace is around 6 Km. per hour. The air was balmy like a soft blanket, the sun was just setting, the light was warm, and the air quality was rather good considering it has been warm for so many days now. The orange glow on Mt. Baker made me sorry I did not bring my camera. The path was almost crowded and we met very many people we knew. A quick "hi" and we carried on, except when we met a friend from the past, someone we had not seen but once in the last twenty years. By an amazing coincidence, I had just seen her husband the day before and we spent a couple of hours catching up over a cup of coffee. They were in town together for a change and usually go their separate ways once they get here, in order to cover all family members on their rare visits to their old home town. We made a date, and promised to get together twenty years from now when they are both in town together again. Our grandchildren can push us around Mill Lake in our wheel chairs, while we catch up, and wish we had gotten together sooner. Then we will all go back to the care home for a warm glass of milk and diaper change.   

1 comment:

Gaye said...

Yes, you get the picture. It won't be long now.