Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A New Addiction


Admit it, we all have addictions.

In the docu/movie "Super Size Me", a drug addiction therapist talks about a drug given to heroin addicts that prevents the brain from 'up-taking' the stimulant and soon the heroin has no power over the user as it does nothing for him/her. Apparently, they can give this same drug to chocoholics and they soon lose their taste for chocolate. This therapist has not experimented with the latest creation from Herhsey's, the Oh Henry Peanut Butter chocolate bar. There are now three Oh Henry bars to chose from, the regular, the fudge, and the peanut butter. Why do 'they' keep coming up with these saturated fatty calorific inventions that I have such a weakness for? This stuff is so good you cannot eat one, but rather you must devour several. If you have no will power, you must eat many at a time because one just cannot get enough of this yummy goodness.
I opened the above photo to import it to my blog post and the mere visual image of it brought a wonderful aroma to my olfactories and I immediately began to salivate. I think it was just the photo that did that, or maybe it is the bag of bars on my desk, and the pile of wrappers lying at my feet. I cannot be sure. I am conducting my own experiment here. All in the name of science, you know. I want to, no, I need to find out how many bars a chocolate addict can eat at one sitting before the mere thought of any more makes it inconceivable to eat even one more. I'm not even close yet.
My next post may be from a recovery house where I will be in the throes of a 12 step program.


3 comments:

Rachel said...

There is no hope for you. You are a Friesen.

Gaye said...

ONLY if, in your old age, you develop gastric reflux and you can only tolerate small amounts before 2PM. You sort of lose the craving.

sultana said...

The 12 step program sounds good to me.