Friday, September 9, 2011

It's OK To Be Blue


Due to the cold early summer we had, all fruits and produce were late in arrival. We could not wait for our Blueberry feed so we bought some of the early variety berries and enjoyed them, but found that just a little handful would leave a sour feeling in the stomach. They tasted a bit tart and certainly had a very high acid content. We are now at the end of the Blueberry season and brought home 25 pounds of the delightful little things yesterday. In a word, they are amazing! I am eating them by the handful and finding that they leave a peaceful, contented feeling in the stomach. It is one of the rare fruits that one can eat 'tons' of at a time and have no ill effects. At least that is true for me.
I had a banana blueberry smoothie for breakfast this morning and it was wonderful.
No this is not "Mennonite Guys Cannot Cook" blog, but I will give you my version of the best smoothie ever. One ripe banana, at least a cup of blueberries, three tablespoons of plain yogurt, and two ice cubes. Put them in the blender and there you have it. If your blueberries are not really sweet, you can add a bit of honey to tasteIt does not get more healthy than that, and I have no idea why my font is suddenly in Italics. Is this what happens when one eats too many blueberries?  

No comments: