Saturday, February 25, 2012

Joy


Most grandparents love to talk about their grand kids. Get over it, it's normal. We use a common phrase that goes like this: "My grand kids bring me such joy!"
Here is a sample of what that looks like. The adults were sitting around the table discussing some heavy issues when Liam comes up to me and says, "I want to tell you something in you ear".

I give him focused attention whenever I can so I bent over and he put his little mouth close to my ear and whispered, "I want you to tell me something in my ear".

So, I asked him quietly, like it was our own little secret, "What would you like me to tell you?"
"Something about grandson", he replied.

There was only one thing to say, so I said, "You are my sweet little grandson and I love you so very much."

He was good with that and turned away to resume playing with his alphabet train.
When I say "joy", that's what I'm talking about.

And that's how I got the noodles in my ear.