Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Bible

 

I am going to assume that I am like a lot of Christians in that I have read many portions of the Bible many times, there are few scriptures that I have never read, and I have never read the whole Bible, chronologically, from cover to cover, Genesis to Revelation.
Because I now find reading so easy and efficient with my Kindle, and because I have downloaded a complete NEV version of the Bible, and because I have always wanted to do it, I am now going to attempt this project.
I thought that I would treat the books of the Bible like I do other books I read, and give them a review as I complete them, here on this blog. This not only makes me accountable, but gives me motivation to pay attention.
The words and stories are there for everyone to read, so my reviews will consist of impressions that God will, hopefully, put on my heart as I read His Word.  

3 comments:

Elma said...

Reading the Bible from end to end is a different experience from reading books and bits at a time. I am doing the same....just finished Numbers. I wish for you a deep spiritual experience in this journey!

Anonymous said...

You are using my copyright protected image on your site. http://www.flickr.com/photos/mike_leach/5101230868/in/set-72157627919522169/

Please take it down.

mik_leach"AT sign"yahoo.com

Terry said...

Sorry. I have removed it.