Thursday, May 3, 2012

New Glasses

I decided not to go for these discount glasses at "Lenses R Us".

I had my eyes tested just after Christmas and have been hanging onto the new prescription for a while, waiting to fund just the right deal on the right frames and lenses. The last time I got 'progressives', they were only available on larger frames, but now the new technology allows for the lens to be smaller and more stylish.
I got them two weeks ago and am still reluctant to wear them. They are very difficult to get used to. The old 'progressives' made me search up and down for the sweet spots, until I was accustomed to them. These new ones are causing me to cast my glance from side to side to find the sweet spot. The distance vision is very narrow indeed, but the reading distance is an improvement.
Tonight I picked up my new single vision glasses for work, reading and computer. They are excellent.
No more excuses for shoddy workmanship on the job.


No comments: