Friday, May 4, 2012

Goslings


Last Sunday we strolled around the local swamp and as usual, photographic opportunities were in abundance. But only because I did not have my camera with me. We saw a huge Blue Heron on a log, having a standoff with three turtles, the size of dinner plates. And then when we stopped to rest our weary legs, we had a little family of geese swim right up to us and start grazing on the shore, only a few feet away from our park bench.  Had I brought my camera, this would not have happened.


Fast forward to Tuesday and I swung by the swamp with my camera after a trip to the bank, hoping I would see some more of the same. The little lake is now full of these Canada Goose families as all the eggs must have hatched in the last few days. They are everywhere and one cannot help but get at least one good photo. Mind you, one has to brave the hissing and posturing of the mama who is very protective.


These guys are cute only for a few days, and the ugly duckling stage kicks in.




The cold wind was worth braving for a few good photos.


No comments: