Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Watch This


I recently received a wonderful gift from busylizzy, this beautiful Skagen watch. So it was with this watch in mind that I perused a news item that highlighted some of the world's most unique and expensive wrist watches.


There were some very unusual and even outlandish watches featured, but the above watch was the world's most expensive. Owned by kings and queens and popes, the price on this item got me wondering how to compare value with mine. So here is the choice. You can purchase one of these, or with the same amount of money, you can purchase 29,629 of mine. When the battery runs out unexpectedly, and you need to know what time it is, personally, I would prefer to have 29,628 back up watches instead of one dud. I will not be purchasing one of these Patek Philippe Platinum World Time watches  any time soon, due to the above practical consideration.

No comments: