Thursday, December 6, 2012

Trombone Debut

 
My middle grandson Chad is now in Middle School and had the option to choose an instrument and join the band program. His dad still had his trombone from his school days so it was a bit of a no-brainer. Like father, like son. He has been practicing diligently and tonight was his debut as he played in the grade six band at his school's Christmas Concert.
Of course, he was the best looking kid of the whole bunch and he just might have been the best trombonist. It was difficult to tell though as there were many others playing instruments for the first time. With the exception of a few squeaking flutes and the odd grating clarinet, the kids did a great job. If I listened really closely, I could hear one trombone standing out above the rest, sounding like a young man with a musical future. Hmm. Could it have been Chad? I will have to get him to play me a solo so I will know for sure. I will get back to you on that.

No comments: