Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Love Technology!

As some of you know, we have very dear friends from England who we met in Puerto Vallarta a few years ago. Michael and Jan's tropical vacation was delayed this last year due to some a very serious health issues and subsequent treatment. They finally got to go to the Maldives this week. Michael sent me the link to the live webcam at Kuredu http://www.kuredu.com/community/kuredu-island-livecam.aspx and told me that he would be standing with Jan, in front of the webcam, at 8am on Feb. 2oth, his birthday. Local time was 10pm. I waited by my computer this morning and you can imagine how thrilled I was to see it actually happening before my eyes. I called Lis over and we watched the picture 'refresh' a number of times. I 'captured' this shot and noticed that Michael was holding a cell phone to his ear. "How wonderful! He is phoning his kids!" says I. A second later, our phone rings. What an incredible thrill to hear Michael and Jan's voices as we watched them 'refresh' every minute on the computer screen. They received a chocolate cake from the waiter at dinner that night and were on their way to their home on stilts over the water to eat chocolate cake and watch the stars. How we wish we could have been there to share the moment with them! (Michael is wearing the traditional native garb, not a skirt. No, he is not a cross dresser) Michael and Jan, you really made our day!



2 comments:

Gaye said...

Dear Terry,

You really should go--- spend time with your dear friends and enjoy a unique holiday. You're not getting any younger and money isn't everything. You deserve it. You work hard and should enjoy the fruit of your labor.

poof said...

How very cool!