Friday, February 1, 2008

Either Or

I have gravitated toward some of my Black and White photos recently and it may have something to do with a conversation I had. We were discussing character traits and I was saying how I am a black and white person. I like things cut and dried. Either or. Simplified. But, life is not like that, although that would be my preference. It is actually all that 'stuff' in the middle ground that makes life complicated and interesting. I have discovered that in my new Photshop program, there is a tool for changing a colour picture to a B&W, but that tool has a myriad of options and slider bars that give me an infinitisimal number of choices regarding the tonal character of the black and white. How much like life! Even the black and white is not cut and dried.

No comments: