Friday, April 3, 2009

I Have Arrived


As an enticement to renew my cell phone contract, Roger's offered me a no-charge state of the art LG Neon TE365. This little puppy does everything but toast bagels, at least not the way I like them. You've seen them everywhere, those teen aged girls texting furiously with their cell phones, totally oblivious to their surroundings. I can now join them as this machine is designed for texting with its pull-out full 'qwerty' keyboard. What I really wanted was a phone that I could call out on and a phone that would ring when someone was calling me. No such thing out there. I suppose FM radio, Bluetooth, MP3, Internet, email, camera both still and video (2 mega pixel) are such necessities these days that all phones have them. I do believe that it will take me the full three years of the contract to learn all the ins and outs of this 'phone' and by that time, there will be some other new technology out there that will make this TE365 'stone age'. Meanwhile, I will pretend to know what I am doing with this one and hope that nobody notices that I do not even have it turned on. I hope by Christmas I will have figured how to at least do that.

1 comment:

Elma said...

Wow, that is impressive...really, that is why I have been without a contract for more than 2 years. I just really like the basic phone, nothing more. But I guess the day is coming that I too will have to grow with the times, and by then you could be the expert as I will need a mentor...