Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 22


It was inevitable. Because the weather is taking a turn for the better tomorrow, we thought we should finally get the shopping done at the Outlet Mall. It was a very cold day and we needed inside activity. It is a half hour drive toward L.A. to what has to be one of USA's biggest outlet malls. The goal: finally get busylizzy those shoes she needs so badly but cannot find.  


This has to be the sixth shoe store we shopped in.
"Put your camera away and come here to help me find this shoe in size 8 1/2"


"Right size, wrong colour."


"Now where did I see that one that I liked so much. I think I changed my mind about it."


"These feel great but my heel keeps slipping out."


I have always been able to enter a Rockport shoe store, select the style I like, pick out my size, put the shoes on, and walk out of the store. (After paying, of course) So, I talked busylizzy into trying it out. Rockport, that is.  


"Oh look, they have boots here too !"


"Now where did this one go?"


"I like these, but will the arch be high enough?"


I am beyond my shopping limit by this time. I found a bench and resigned myself to spending the next two weeks searching for shoes. This just was not working out. "Just grin and bear it," says I.


"Look at that sign over there. It says if I buy two pair of shoes, the second one is 50% off! BUT, if I buy three, the third pair is free!! Let's try on those white ones again. And I still like those boots."
Say what? Is there a glimmer of hope here? Dare I hope?


Can it be! Are these really the ones? And those boots. Are they keepers? Oh, look, she is keeping on that new pair of white ones and putting her old shoes in the box. Is this a shoplifting ploy or is she really, actually, going to buy some shoes?
Yes! It was true. Mission accomplished.

For the record, I shopped too. Without a lie, this is what happened. Jim and I were on our own for a few minutes while the gals were browsing in a 'female' store, looking for private stuff. Jim suggested we go into a leather goods store.
"Jim," I says, "If I go in there I will buy a jacket, and I don't need one." I was shivering in my hoodie in the wind and rain.
We stepped in and I saw a rack of jackets that really appealed to me. I took off my hoodie, hung my camera on a clothes rack, and slipped into the heavenly fleece lined, soft leather jacket. I decided then and there I was buying it at any price. I looked at the price. I gulped. $269.00! I took it to the check-out and asked what the sale price was. (There was a 'blow-out' sale happening that day) The nice lady scanned the tag and said." $70.00."
There was a platinum blur as I whipped out the credit card. Minutes later I slipped back into the warm fleecy leather jacket and walked out of the store. 
Now, that's what I call "shopping".  

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You photographed mom shopping?! That's too funny!
Nice new coat....great price. Good deal hunting Dad!

Anonymous said...

Too too funny! :)

-the rellies