Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 25


We enjoyed our hike so much yesterday morning that we decided to scope out another one in the same area. We just started out when we passed this gorgeous home on the side of the mountain.


This time I remembered to wear my hiking shoes. The rocks on the path are hard and sharp and one needs sturdy soles.


The rock faces here are a little different, infused with volcanic layers and quite crumbly and loose. There are many little nooks and crannies and caves where there are probably creatures lurking, ready to jump out and do harm to unsuspecting hikers, .


You can see the trail off to the right in this photo. These mountains are interlaced with many trails and they all hook together. If you think you are lost, just go up to continue, or go down to go home. There are plenty of people to ask along the way. We had three people ask us how to get back. Being strangers to the area, it was not wise for us to give directions. Those folks may still be up there. 

We had a great afternoon by the pool in the brilliant sunshine, reading, talking, and I went into the pool again! Jim and Dawna were at the Living Desert all day.

I am experiencing some great frustration with my photo downloading on this computer. I have a system and today I did what I always do and it did not work. I have no clue how to fix it. I started changing settings, which got somehow changed on their own, and now things are worse. I lost some photos but I know they are still in my camera. I cannot get them onto the computer, and I cannot size them, and I cannot delete any. Go figure. I am ruining my holiday by fretting over this problem so I may or may not do photos anymore. 
Another walk to the 'corner store' today. It is starting to feel like 'our' neighbourhood. I could live my life out here. Until summer, anyway.  

3 comments:

Rachel said...

All three boys are missing you guys. I think that you'd better not stay until summer!

Gaye said...

When are you returning?

Terry said...

Why, do you miss me? :) On the 18th or 19th.