Friday, July 22, 2011

Bummer


I have had my new computer for a few weeks now and am liking it very much. It was quite apparent from the beginning that its ability to process the large image files in my Photo shop programs was greatly enhanced. But, alas, I have run into a problem. I had to uninstall my older version of Photo shop because it was causing my screen to freeze and when I tried to exit the program, my whole desktop, wallpaper, and homepage were rendered a weird kaleidoscope of bright colours.
Now I am reliant on Photo shop Elements 6.0 only. It is an enhanced version of the older program but it has some shortcomings too. Today, I discovered that one of my favourite filters in 'photo effects' has a glitch and leaves fine horizontal lines on my photos. I am discouraged. It is like asking an artist to paint a picture without any red paint on his palette. Every painting will henceforth lack colours with red in the mix. For me, it will now be that every photo will have to be processed without any special lighting effects, something I often apply to my photographs.  How limiting!  Here is what I mean.


No comments: