Thursday, July 28, 2011

What Monster is This?


I am sure most of you have seen a science fiction movie where a seed somehow gets planted in a human and a monster starts to grow within. When it reaches maturity, the 'thing' has to exit the host's body and it breaks through in a most horrendous way. Just before this happens, you can see bulges and movements under the skin, and you just know something bad is about to happen. The only question remaining at that time, is how many heads is the beast going to have.

Strange and unbelievable as it may seem, I have one of those 'things' growing ..... in my leg. I wake up in the wee hours of the morning and I feel it moving. I immediately sit up and swing my legs over the edge of the bed and grip my inner thigh, just above the knee. It starts to move, and tighten, and grab me like a vice grip. There is nothing I can do. But it never escapes. It lives on inside me, the host, to arise again in a few days and reek more havoc. Some call it a Charlie Horse. Is that the shape of this beast, horse-like? It feels more like a Crocodile, with fiercely strong jaws and sharp teeth.

I take Calcium, and Cal-Mag by the handful, but to no avail. It seems only to feed the beast and increase the strength of its jaws.  So, tonight I did some research. I combined some other ailments, or symptoms, and hit search. I keep coming up with a thyroid problem. Yes, the thyroid is in the neck, but it may be regulating the beast with a tiny little remote control device. If it is a wireless remote, there is little I can do.
A small consolation is that I do have some control over the activity of the beast. Like I said in my last post, not working causes all the aches and pains to go away, and that, thank goodness, includes the bite of the beast. I spent some tense time on a ladder today, causing my muscles to ache with the tension, so I may have my visitor back tonight. I imagine throwing it a  piece of meat, to pacify it, but then I realise that it is already feeding on meat, my thigh muscle.   


2 comments:

Rachel said...

You need a hot tub.

Anonymous said...

Apply heat and phone Charlie's horse in the morning.

-Corny