Monday, July 4, 2011

Canada Day Parade 2011 Part 3


I had an incident in the washroom the other day due to a bit of food poisoning. I wonder if I should have called these guys?


With about a thousand more of these, we will be ready for Japanese style earthquake.


This little guy just walked the three mile parade route. It shows.


Ah, yes. A multicultural umbrella. Only in Canada.


Our elected Member of Parliament, Ed Fast.


Finally a familiar face. It's Nathan, our oldest grandson, in the parade with a delegation from Abbotsford Children's Theater.


Then came a few custom cars.





Most of these custom cars were rides for dignitaries. How embarrassing when you are waving in a parade and nobody has a clue who you are but you are still pumped up with importance. Some labels would help, but then we might boo and that would be even more embarrassing. I was watching for the Queen but I heard later she declined the invitation. It is just as well as I wanted to have words with her about losing my invitation to her grandson's wedding a few weeks ago.  

No comments: