Sunday, July 17, 2011

Timing


I was standing in the garden yesterday,
camera in hand, contemplating the right angle for a photo of a poppy. At first I felt it, and then I heard it, that low throbbing hum of a humming bird when it hovers just over your head. I did not want to startle it so I carefully looked downward, camera already to my eye, and scanned the pink bed of flowers at my feet, for I knew that he was not intereseted in me, but in the flowers near the ground. And into the viewfinder he flew, standing on his tail. He was only inches from my leg for a good three minutes and I rapid fired ten frames. The light was not great so I have done some photoshop techniques to enhance the photo. 

Only moments before, I was sitting on the other side of the garden when the birds started feeding on the lichen on our dead cherry tree. It was only a few feet away and they never saw me as I 'fired' away.



2 comments:

Gaye said...

Fantastic photos!

poof said...

Soooooo pretty! Very nice. :)