Friday, July 29, 2011

Eye See That Twitch


You know it is a wet summer when mushrooms grow in the lawn.

I had a conversation last week with someone a bit older than me and we were comparing health conditions. This is what we do as we grow older. It is educational, supportive, but most of all, funny, and humour is a coping mechanism. My posts of late have been dwelling on this a bit, I see, but, again, it is a coping mechanism. If I could write a book about my ailments already, and I am still relatively young, I wonder what the future holds, an encyclopedia?
The ailment of the day is this twitch I have been developing in my left eye. I say developing because it was something I thought would go away in a few hours, and then in a few days, and then in a few weeks, and now I hoping it will go away in a few months. Now, that's development!
When you get the smallest irritant in your eye, it feels like a large stick. It is the same with a twitch. I was surprised to see, upon close inspection in the mirror, that it a rather small twitch and it is my lower eyelid, well hidden by the frame of my eyeglasses. But, it does not feel that way. I have to turn my head the other way when passing a young lady, lest she think I am winking at her. At least that is what it feels like.
I think I need my nervous system re-booted, as this seems to be a nervous kind of twitch. A good shock treatment should do the trick. I can see it now. "Doctor, I've been healed, it's a miracle" as my eyelid calms right down after the electrical shock treatment. But, in its place, my arms and legs are jumping, my head is bobbing side to side, the 'beast' in my leg has now moved to the other leg, and the girls no longer seem to think I am winking at them, but they are fleeing because of the obscene gestures emulating from my 'out of control' body.
Mmm. Forget the shock treatment. I think I will opt for the eye patch. Black. Like a pirate. Always wanted to do that.  


No comments: