Tuesday, July 10, 2012

90th Birthday Celebration


We didn't quite get the whole family out, but there were certainly enough of us in attendance to sing "Happy Birthday" and eat a huge slab of Tuxedo Cake. There were only three of my dad's grandchildren, and their little families, that could not make it. We had a big BBQ on Saturday at my youngest sister's farm and on Sunday we met at the old folks home and give my dad a little thrill. He had not seen some of these people for a very long time.
He has not been doing well in the last few weeks so we were fortunate that he was able to spend enough time out of bed to come and greet us all.
In the above photo, I am with two of my sisters, both from Victoria.
Below is the whole gang at the BBQ.




2 comments:

On This Rock said...

Isn't summer just the best time to get together with the whole family. Looks like a wonderful time....

Terry said...

Yes, I have thanked my dad for being born in July. He always did plan ahead!
We did have a great time.