Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Mission Accomplished


I feel like fireworks are in order. I almost always finish what I start, and I am most pleased that I have completed my "Read through the Bible and blog about it" project.

Reading almost always bring me enjoyment, education, enlightenment, and entertainment but reading the Bible from cover to cover has actually changed my thinking about certain things. I did have a number of questions I needed answered and I was looking for new insight for some tired old thinking of mine.

I have a new appreciation for God's story, for ancient history, and for the fact that man has not really changed since he was created.

 I have a bigger picture of who God is, what he requires of us, how he pursues us, and how he loves us.

I have new insight about our complacency, how we deceive ourselves, and how many of us have developed a customized and skewed view of our faith.

I have also acquired a desire to seek solutions in this book. The answers are there.

At times, this was an arduous task, but each time I finished a book, and thought about what I would write in the following post, I found myself really looking forward to getting into the next book.

I highly recommend this exercise for anyone of any faith. If the Bible is what it claims to be, the inspired word of God, why would anyone not want to read it? If, on the other hand, it is not the true word of God, I have just wasted a whole lot of my time.    

2 comments:

Jan said...

Well done you! I have enjoyed reading your blog after each book. I hope you have been blessed by the exercise.

Terry said...

I was, Jan. I hope it was an encouragement for more of my readers to do the same.