Friday, July 13, 2012

Liam


Often, when I would wake Liam from his afternoon nap, he would tell me of crocodiles and alligators that pop up in his dreams. I would ask him if he was frightened of them and he assured me that he has nothing to be afraid of because he uses his "super powers". "I zap them with my laser eyes" is one reply I get. In the photo above he is preparing for takeoff as a super hero.
Let me tell you that this little grandson of mine indeed does have super powers. He can tug at my heart strings without leaving a wound on my chest. He can capture my heart and yet leave it to beat in my chest. He can swell my chest and lift my shoulders with pride just by entering the room. He can make me laugh out loud without tickling me. He can make me stop dead in the middle of a heated political discussion with my peers when he comes to me and whispers to me that he wants to "tell me something in my ear." He can make me read 'Curious George' one more time even though I am sick to death of it.  
Super powers?  You bet. Somebody get this boy a cape.

2 comments:

On This Rock said...

Love this post because it describes well what power these little kidlets have over us. Isn't it delightful to have an opportunity to experience this?

Stephanie said...

Aw, this is wonderful. And your grandson is delightful. He gives the best hugs!