Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Trip With a Purpose

 
I decided, at the last minute, to take a quick trip to Vernon, on Friday, to attend the memorial service of my Aunt Eva. My sister came with me. I met four cousins who I had not seen since the late sixties! It was their mom who had passed away at age 94. It was a small affair, in a lovely facility called Bethel Chapel.
There were tributes and memories, all recounting what a wonderful woman my aunt was. And that was certainly my memory too. She was a gracious and generous person, always wearing a smile and having a positive word of encouragement. And, she was my own mother's soul mate, a very dear friend and confidant while their husbands schemed and dreamed some very large projects that did not pan out. Her solid faith was the cornerstone of her life and it was quite evident in all that transpired at the memorial.
She has left a wonderful and lasting legacy with her family, and many wonderful memories that will endure. It was made abundantly clear that there will be a re-union one day.
 
It was a trip well worth the taking.

No comments: