Thursday, September 6, 2012

Senior Residents

 
Again, as in years past, the squirrels have cleaned off our Hazelnut tree before the nuts ripened.
 
Old folks, you gotta' love 'em. We are working in a seniors condo complex and are running into them constantly. There is a lot of potential for them getting into our work, but so far, no incidents. We are heavy on signage and still some of them have no clue. They are only aware that something is going on in their home and they are ready to offer an opinion. "That is the ugliest colour I have ever seen." to "My, isn't that going to be lovely."
I met someone there who I have not seen in many years. I heard a voice ask, "How is your dad?" We had a nice chat and caught up with the last 30 years since we had seen each other.
We had a very long chat with one of the outside staff. She was free with her assessment of the place. She named the best and worst people as well as the best and worst of the three buildings in the complex.
"Now that one over there is the most religious building. They are all from the same church. They are the meanest and grouchiest and most unfriendly people I have ever met." Knowing two of the couples in that building, I asked about them. "Oh, those people are very nice." Well, you can't have it both ways.

No comments: